Saturday 8 November 2014

Black and White









In this illustration, I tried to play with positive and negative space. I love how the combination of black and white goes well together. It reminds me of the concept of yinyang, which expresses the interchange and interplay of two opposing components, most times opposite in nature, but rely on each other.  Yinyang  exists in everything.  The pairs can exist as in the moon and sun, cold and hot, passive and active, dark and bright, male and female...  Here I expressed it on a leaf.  You can look at it as a simple black and white leaf; or you can look at it as something more. 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy this drawing of the leaf. At first it looks like the leaf is in motion and after a few minutes I begin to see that it is not just a black and white leaf. The combination shows a balance in thought and emotion. I always look forward to your post. It is always unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete